It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
.Linking to Library Electronic Resources
This guide describes how to link Library resources onto Blackboard
How To Create Links To Library Electronic Resources
Faculty adapting to new trends in scholarly and academic work may find that scholarly online articles and eBooks can be difficult for students to locate, and that adding bulky sets of PDF's on our Blackboard sites can be problematic, linking articles and eBooks to Blackboard might be the answer.
How can faculty efficiently link articles and eBooks to Blackboard?
This operation becomes easier with practice.
To put links onto Blackboard , add them to an online syllabus or simply send a link to an article by email to someone in your class, follow the instructions below.
Current AUP faculty, staff and students may access databases and articles from home. In order for these links to function correctly from off campus, you will need to add the following ezproxy prefix to most of the addresses: http://proxy.aup.fr/login?url=
Important: Many resources have a specific way to link their records. Please see other pages on the left side, for more information.
Important: Free resources do not need, and will not work with, the ezproxy prefix.
If, in your database, there is a permalink or what is called a DOI (Digital Object Identifier) for any article, ebook, etc., always choose that option.
From the permalink or DOI you can create a new persistent link. You just have to add the ezproxy prefix if it isn't there automatically http://proxy.aup.fr/login?url=
1. Do a search in Go to AUP Library Catalog
2. Open the record
3. At the bottom of the page, right click and copy the Persistent Link
4. Paste the persistent link to the document you are producing. Example: if you want to put it on Blackboard, open the tab where you want to place the link, click on the top button Build Content, select web link, and paste your persistent link in the URL line, and click on Submit. Your link is ready.
Note: Links to the Library catalog don't need additional proxy information added to them.
Linking to Journals
If you want to link just to a particular journal:
1. Go to the Journals pagein the library web page
2. Select a journal title or Do a search in Browse a List of Journals Titles
3. When you find the journal, right click and copy the link
4. The link you copy can be use for blackboard. It already has the ezproxy prefix.
If you want to link to an article inside a journal:
1. Go to the Journals pagein the library web page 2. Select a journal title or do a search in Browse a List of Journals Titles
3. Once you are on the journal article you want to link to, first make sure the title is not from Ebsco, Project Muse, Gale, Jstor or Proquest (if it is, please refer to the Menu on the left side of the page to see how to do the linking)
4. Select the URL display in the Search Bar
5. Add the following prefix in front of your URL: http://proxy.aup.fr/login?url=